Monday, April 18, 2011

Powerscourt Gardens - Wicklow, Ireland

During Spring Break of 2009, my friend Tiffany and I decided to take a trip to either San Franciso or Ireland. Ireland was cheaper. On our trip, Tiffany had the idea to visit Powerscourt Gardens. I had never heard of it, but agreed to go. I'm glad because it's a pretty awesome place!

My favorite thing to do was walk through rock-walled paths and look at the mosses and ferns growing on the rock surfaces.

I wish this was my secret garden!

I love seeing buildings peak out above plant growth.

Some ivy and such growing on the building walls -

Art. Do you recognize it? It's a copy of the Laocoon Group. The original is housed at the Vatican and was unearthed in Rome in 1506. The original dates back to the time of Christ.
Apparently, Michelangelo was a huge fan.

Fountain...

Fern...

Flowers...

Wicklow Mountains...
Another view...

No comments:

Post a Comment